Friday, September 19, 2014

1963-A $2 Bill, A-A

The last red seal $2 U.S. notes issued were these series 1963-A. Yes I got this in my change at the end of the day. Most stores do not like to carryover halves, dollar coins, or two dollar bills in their registers. Asking for any funny money as change is a good idea if your the last customer.

About 50 years old this note has exceeded the limits of circulating notes, although I suspect this may have been used by a former collector. Trying to sell a note valued at $7.00 may not be worth it especially when collectors want perfect notes worth thousands. It is not uncommon for collectors to giveaway or use notes or coins that seem rare but are not. Recently I gave a new friend some halves just because they never owned any. To me it was worth to see the joy in their face and here stories of old money the once saw.

Type: $2 U.S. Note
Year: 1963-A
Date Printed: July 1964 - June 1965
Printings: 3,200,000
Run: 28th from 25-29 of the A15360001A  -  A18560000A
Value: $7.00 in Very-Fine

Do you have a two dollar bill and want to know its value? Leave a comment/question and I will do my best to find out the price and history for you.

0 dollars worth, for Comments/Questions click here.: