Saturday, September 06, 2014

2001 Malaysia 10 Sen

Second Malaysian coin in a week and the reason I gave last time may still be valid. Regions in the news tend to bring out the traveling reporters. It is another 10 sen coin that a friend gave to me after they got it as a dime in change.

Just like that last 10 sen coin this one has some minor doubling around the date. I am pretty sure it is machine doubling. Not to bad mouth the minting facilities of Malaysia but these coins are not the highest quality.

Nevertheless I appreciate the effort. The coin features a flower on the date side. The other side has a Congkak game in process. This is an ancient board game where players take turn trying to empty each hole.

Here's the stats...
Type/Country: 10 Sen / Malaysia
Year: 2001
Mintage: 313,422,000
Metal: Copper-Nickel
Value: $0.15 in Extra-Fine

Do you have a Malaysia coin and want to know its value? Leave a comment/question and I will do my best to find out the price and history for you.

0 dollars worth, for Comments/Questions click here.: