Monday, September 08, 2014

Ted Baker Medal

Ted Baker Medalet (medalet - a medal smaller than an inch) found in certain Ted Baker products, mostly leather wallets. It seems to brass and like all medals has two sides.

Ted Baker is a clothing store out of London. Like most international stores they branched out into accessories where they place these medalets for mens leather goods. I found this one in a take a penny leave a penny tray. I assume someone got rid of their change from their coin wallet and this went with it.

On one side is Ted Baker's founder Ray Kelvin who is camera shy and blocking his face. His clothing hints that he is well dressed. The founding year of Ted Baker, 1988, is encircling Kelvin. Not naming the store after himself is another thing the Kelvin does to stay away from the spotlight.

The other side has a compass with TEDS at the compass points instead of NESW. The rhyme East, West, Ted is best encircles the compass.

Here are the stats for this medallion...
Type / Country: Ted Baker Medal / Great Britain
Year: Unknown
Mintage: Unknown
Metal: Brass??? (Non-Magnetic)
Diameter: 24.6mm Thickness: 2.38mm Weight: 6.75 grams
Value: $1.00 in circulated Very-Fine
Obverse Writing: TED BAKER LONDON EST 1988 · TED BAKER LONDON EST 1988 ·
Reverse Writing: EAST, WEST TED IS BEST T E D S TB EAST, WEST, TED IS BEST

If you know anything else about this medal please leave a comment below.

Do you have a token and want to know its value? Leave a comment/question and I will do my best to find out the price and history for you.

26 dollars worth, for Comments/Questions click here.:

Anonymous said...

I sold one for £10,000

Man said...

I sold one for £10,000

LOL, good one

Shiranth Gamage said...

Hi, I have one coin I would like to sell, if someone interested send me email with price..thank you

Man said...

I have one coin I would like to sell

Not a coin and it has no market value.

Anonymous said...

i have the same coin shown in the image above. i would like to know the value

Johnny Araneda said...

I have one too in Australia

Man said...

i have the same coin shown in the image above. i would like to know the value

Not a coin, maybe $1.00 at the most.

Man said...

I have one too in Australia

Nice.

Anonymous said...

@Man thank you i thought i could sell it for some money but the luck is not my way. Thankx again

Anonymous said...

hello,I have Ted Baker coin 1988 ;) How much is a price?(10 dollars?) Im from Czech Republic ;) thank You..

Man said...

Ted Baker coin 1988 ;) How much is a price?(10 dollars?) Im from Czech Republic

Not a coin, maybe $1.00 at the most.

Mohammed Nazrul Islam said...

@man I'm assuming you've experienced an unsuccessful sale on this coin then?

Tyberiusz Slipko said...

Hi, I have one coin I would like to sell, if someone interested send me email with price..thank you

Man said...

I'm assuming you've experienced an unsuccessful sale on this coin then?

Incorrect assumption.
I do not sell any coins or tokens.

Evelina Žurauskaitė said...

Hi i have one same the pic. What i can do for him? Price?

Man said...

Hi i have one same the pic. What i can do for him? Price?

At most $1.00 but probably less.

Anonymous said...

I have one how do they go for

Man said...

I have one how do they go for

At most $1.00

Reece Louis said...

I have one how much is it worth

Man said...

I have one how much is it worth
--At most $1.00

Unknown said...

I have one coins Ted Baker London Estate 1988 but I want to sell somebody want to buy?

Man said...

I have one coins Ted Baker London Estate 1988 but I want to sell somebody want to buy?

No thanks, maybe try ebay.

Natalie Crawford said...

Hi I have one how much is it worth

Man said...

Hi I have one how much is it worth

No exchange value but on sites like eBay and for medal collectors about $1.00.

Madara Pavlova said...

I HAVE ONE IN IRELAND IF INTRESTED SOMEONE TEXT ME

Unknown said...

I have o e and want to sell it £7,500 Call if interested 07534434008