Friday, October 17, 2014

2011-P Wampanoag Treaty Dollar

It has been two years since I last found a dollar from the Native American series. Honestly I have not looked that often since most dollar coins are so brown and worn. Since I stepped up my coin hunting I finally found a new dollar coin for my collection.

The Wampanoag Treaty of 1621 is depicted with Supreme Sachem Ousamequin Massasoit handing a peace pipe to Governor John Carver. The peace treaty was written a month after the pilgrims landed. Many native Americans including those from Wampanoag tribe were forced into slavery by the new arrivals from Europe. To make sure revenge was not coming to the Europeans the peace treaty was signed.

Here's the stats...
Type/Country: 1 Dollar-Native American / United States
Year: 2011 P (Edge upside down)
Mintage: 29,400,000
Metal: 88.5% Copper, 6% Zinc, 3.5% Manganese, and 2% Nickel
Value: $1.00 in F-12

Do you have a dollar coin and want to know how much it's worth? Leave a comment/question and I will do my best to find out the price and history for you.

7 dollars worth, for Comments/Questions click here.:

Alftred said...

I have one dollar coin from the native collection from 1621. Pleaser can you help me to know the value of the coin?

Man said...

one dollar coin from the native collection from 1621.

This is a 2011 coin and it's just $1.00

Rod Poeschl said...

I have similar coin, but with a date 2000. What might this be worth?

Unknown said...

I would like to know the current value of this coin...

Unknown said...

I would like to know what the value of this coin is but I don't have the gold one it is a silver 2011

witten solomen said...

Yes......i have a dolllar coin

witten solomen said...

I live in the turk and caicos island