Thursday, October 23, 2014

2013 South Korea 10 Won

First South Korean coin found in my change in over three years.  It is one of those countries that is so far that carry coins back and forth is inconvenient.

There are no English words on this coin but the date and denomination are recognizable. I knew this was Korean because the Asian characters have circles and ovals which are typical in Korea's written language.

The 1200 year old stone pagoda Dabotap is on the back. It is a national treasure and has nothing buried in it according to the Japanese who dismantled it back in the 1920s.

Here are the stats...
Type/Country: 10 Won / Korea-South
Year: 2013
Mintage: Unknown
Metal: Copper-Clad Aluminum
Value: $0.10 in Fine

Do you have a coin from Korea and want to know its value? Leave a comment/question and I will do my best to find out the price and history for you

4 dollars worth, for Comments/Questions click here.:

Anonymous said...

I have a 1994 Korea South 100 coin great condition and want to know its worth.

Man said...

1994 Korea South 100 coin great condition

About $0.10

Ahmed Zubair said...

How can I recognize North Korean coins ????????

Anonymous said...

I have this type of coin ,year 1990 I want sell it