Thursday, June 19, 2014

2001-S Rhode Island Quarter

Found another proof quarter coin in my change, the last one I found was in April. At least in the U.S. proof coins are not meant to circulate but collectors know that if the are in less then uncirculated grade it has no extra value.

This coins is supposed to have a mirrored background but it is in such rough shape that it is dull and scratched. Still when it was in my change with regular quarters you could see it was much shinier and sharper.

Yes I checked the edge and it has copper. There is a silver version that looks exactly the same except the edge would not have a copper stripe.

Here's the stats...
Type/Country: 25 Cents-Rhode Island / United States
Year: 2001 S
Mintage: 3,094,140
Metal: 91.67% Copper 8.33% Nickel
Value: $0.35 in F-12

Do you have a state quarter and want to know its value? Leave a comment/question and I will do my best to find out the price and history for you.

2 dollars worth, for Comments/Questions click here.:

Unknown said...

I have one but the mint mark is a D what's it worth?

Man said...

I have one but the mint mark is a D what's it worth?

Just $0.25