Sunday, June 22, 2014

Dateless Jefferson Nickel, 194?

The only reason I am posting this coins is that it looks so odd. It is like a cameo or a shadow of a coin. It has been worn so thin that most of the details are gone.
It is either a 1940, 1946, or 1948, none of which have any extra value in this shape. I am sure if I studied the partial date I could figure it out but that is minutes of my life I will never get back.

Honestly I just like the look it is worn in such a odd way. The center letters look untouched, even the edge dramatically get worn like it was cut or sanded.

Here's the stats...
Type/Country: 5 Cents / United States of America
Year: Unknown (194?)
Mintage: Unknown
Metal: 75% copper 25% nickel
Value: $0.05 in Poor (P-1)

Want to know if your nickel has more than face value? Leave a comment/question and I will do my best to find out the price and history for you.

2 dollars worth, for Comments/Questions click here.:

Anonymous said...

uncle sam got his moneys worth out of that coin.

Man said...

uncle sam got his moneys worth out of that coin.

Yup.