Saturday, September 15, 2012

1987 Saudi Arabia 50 Halala

Have a Saudi Arabia coin and want to know its value? Leave a comment

Also known as a 1/2 Riyal this is another one of those coins that gives little hints about origin if you cannot speak the language. The biggest clue is the palm tree over two crossed swords, all reform coins from Saudi Arabia have that symbol.


The sparse design goes with the Muslim belief that you should not make an image of something that is impossible to make by hand. So swords can be forged and trees can be grown from seeds. People on the other hand are sacred according to them so their images are forbidden. Granted as recent events show some people do not believe having a different opinion is correct and would rather be hypocrites and harm others.

Coins often reflect the best a culture has to offer. They generally do not show the whole picture as with Third Reich coins or Confederate money. Here is hoping that everyone is safe now and in the future. A coin commemorating world peace would be great. 

Here's the stats for this coin...
Type/Country: 50 Halala (1/2 Riyal) / Saudi Arabia
Year: 1987 (AH 1408)
Mintage: 70,000,000
Metal: Copper-Nickel
Value: $0.30 in VF (very-fine)

Do you have a Saudi Arabia coin and want to know its value? Leave a comment/question and I will do my best to find out the price and history for you.

72 dollars worth, for Comments/Questions click here.:

Unknown said...

Bro i have a coin of 100 halala of Saudi Arabia. Tell me it's price in Indian rupee.

Man said...

100 halala of Saudi Arabia

What year?

Anonymous said...

i have a coin just like it but its gold and have the sword crossing each other and on the back it have 5 and on the other side it has the 0

Man said...

i have a coin just like it but its gold and have the sword crossing each other and on the back it have 5 and on the other side it has the 0

Possibly 5 Halala depending on year about $0.15. Not gold but copper-nickel.

Anonymous said...

I have a silver coin with two swords crossing woth a palm tree and on the other side it has a 25 and what looks to be the letter "L"

Man said...

silver coin with two swords crossing woth a palm tree and on the other side it has a 25 and what looks to be the letter "L"

Without a date or picture I cannot say exactly.

That said it sounds like a 25 Halala from Saudi Arabia about $0.25 in very-fine on average.

Unknown said...

I have a 1975 Commemorative Gold Medal depicting King Faisal on the Obverse, similar and almost identical in size and weight of the ones that SAMA issued in 1975. It is NOT gold plated, very pristine, solid through and through and soft enough to damage.
I've only seen one photograph online at TaxFreeG*ld but no other information. I am positive that this is authentic due to the source of origin. It was a personal gift given to someone very close to the Royal family in 1975 but my fear is that it is possibly custom and too unique to certify. I wonder if the Museum can verify its existence. Any help would be welcome and appreciated.
I have links to photos but I see now that IMG code is not allowed here. Let me know if there is a way I can post a picture.

Man said...

1975 Commemorative Gold Medal depicting King Faisal...

These are common and well known, they have 3 to 4 times gold value in high grade.

That said they are so well known that they have counterfeited by the thousands. It has more fakes made than real versions.

You can copy & paste a link, no special tags like IMG needed. But some fakes are very good and pictures may not help.

Unknown said...

i have a coin like your one from Saudi Arabia the side with the palm tree is the same but on the other side there is a big 3 in the middle
and no design on the side. it has is about half a cm thick and the middle is flat with high ridges for the sides i have sent an email with images to your email because i didn't know how to attach photos to a post.
Could you tell me a price and possibly a date.
thank you in advance
please send your response to keatonkyle@hotmail.com

Man said...

Saudi Arabia the side with the palm tree is the same but on the other side there is a big 3 in the middle
and no design on the side. it has is about half a cm thick and the middle is flat with high ridges...


Here's the stats for this coin...
Type/Country: 4 Ghirsh / Saudi Arabia
Year: 1956 (AH 1376)
Mintage: 49,100,000
Metal: Copper-Nickel

Unfortunately it has been spooned which is when someone smashes the edge in order to make a ring. Just about $0.15 for metal value.

Anonymous said...

I have a 1987 Saudi Arabian 100 Halala and would like to know if it would have any value in the future? I am collecting coins for my two kids and I would like to know if it is worth saving it ir teading it for a different coin of future value?

Man said...

1987 Saudi Arabian 100 Halala and would like to know if it would have any value in the future?

Over the last 15 years it went from $0.30 to $0.60.

40,000,000 were made.

So I doubt it in circulated condition it will ever have any real value.

Even in high grade it is just a few dollars.

anonymous said...

I found a coin that looks just like the 50 coin and I was wondering how much one could get for it?

Man said...

I found a coin that looks just like the 50 coin and I was wondering how much one could get for it?

Most are about $0.30 in circulated condition.

Anonymous said...

i just have two of these exact coin 50 Halala, i was wondering how much it could be worth changed to kenyan shillings.

Unknown said...

I have this coin except my coin has some weird numbers at the bottom like 1377 what does that mean and what is it worth?

Man said...

two of these exact coin 50 Halala, i was wondering how much it could be worth changed to kenyan shillings.

About 26 Kenyan Shillings for each, collectors value.

Man said...

I have this coin except my coin has some weird numbers at the bottom like 1377 what does that mean and what is it worth?

1377 is the Islamic year, it is 1957 for our calendar.

Unfortunately no 50 hala coin was made in that year, recheck your coin or post an image somewhere.

Anonymous said...

I have a coin exactly as pictured, with the exception that on the 50 side, at the bottom there is what may be a 1 and a backwards 3 and two dots. Does this denote the date of the coin?

Man said...

...there is what may be a 1 and a backwards 3 and two dots. Does this denote the date of the coin?

Yes, that means 1400 meaning the coin's date is about 1979.

Anonymous said...

Ok i have one that is exactly as posted except it has a 5 in the place of the 50 i was wondering if it had any value?

Man said...

one that is exactly as posted except it has a 5 in the place of the 50 i was wondering if it had any value?

About $0.20

Anonymous said...

i have a coin with a tree and sword under it is a copper nickel in front there is a 50 how much is it in Nigerian money

Man said...

a coin with a tree and sword under it is a copper nickel in front there is a 50 how much is it in Nigerian money

Assuming it was the same coin about 49 Nigerian naira.

Anonymous said...

I have a 50 halala,year 1428.. how much is that in usd..? Thankyou..

Man said...

50 halala,year 1428 about $0.30

Anonymous said...

Hi I have a coin of 1 hallal year 1383 which is 1962. Please tell me the value of it.

Man said...

coin of 1 hallal year 1383 which is 1962.

Assuming from Saudi Arabia about $0.60.

Anonymous said...

I HAVE A 100 HALALA 1976(1396H) COIN ...HOW MUCH ITS VALUE?

Man said...

100 HALALA 1976(1396H)

About $0.75

Mad said...

I have a coin like the one in the picture , it has two swords and a palm tree on it , it also has 100 on it too , is it worth anything

Man said...

I have a coin like the one in the picture , it has two swords and a palm tree on it , it also has 100 on it too

About $1.00 on average.

Unknown said...

I have 1 1/2 riyal year of in Arabic 1408.I want to know the price.

Anonymous said...

My coins just like the one shown in the picture but with no numbers how much is it worth in amercian currency?

Man said...

1 1/2 riyal year of in Arabic 1408

About $0.30 in very-fine condition

Man said...

My coins just like the one shown in the picture but with no numbers how much is it worth in amercian currency?

All of these types are about $0.30

Unknown said...

i have 1341 saudiarabian 1/2 riyal coin. what will be the value of this coin now

Unknown said...

i have 50 halala of 1428 whats its price plz main me on rajtejashwi123@gmail.com

Unknown said...

100 halala pH no - +918750535121

saran said...

Hi I have a 50 halala coin with palm tree crossed with two swords backside what is worth I'm in Chennai tamilnadu ph 9840410695

Karimah yusoff said...

dear, i have 3 units of 100 halala coin (arabic coin) with palm tree..how much i want to value for this money

Unknown said...

I also having a 50halala of Dubai

Unknown said...

I found a coin like this but different number on it. Theres 25 on left side and 10 on the right side. How much is that in us dollar?

Unknown said...

I have 50 halala how much value?

Unknown said...

My coin is the same with this.the same year 1408 I want sell it.50 cent.neither in Arabic 50 halala.

Unknown said...

My coin is the same with this.the same year 1408 I want sell it.50 cent.neither in Arabic 50 halala.

Unknown said...

How much the value

Mikhael said...

I have that coin palm tree with on 2 cross sword, and its 100 halala

Mac man said...

i have same coin bit o has a 10

Unknown said...

My coin is same to this picture it 50halala and i want to know how much is the value of this coin?

Unknown said...

I have 1987 50 saudi halal coin two pieces send me. A good offer

Unknown said...

He much

Unknown said...

Mr Man I have 4 coins of 50,but how much in Ugandan shillings

Anonymous said...

I have 1434 50 saudi coin halal

jatin said...

Hello sir I have 3 coins of Saudi Arabia as shown in the picture (1) 25 (2) 50 (3) 1, its value is

Unknown said...

Hello sir. I have 1 coin of Saudi Arabia as shown in the picture . I just want to ask if how must rate .if i'll exchange in philippine money

Unknown said...

Hello sir I'm from Nepal and I also have a coin 50 halala but I doesn't know it's year. Can u give me some hint and price of it in Nepal

Unknown said...

I have a 50 Hala how much it's value in here in Philippines.

Unknown said...

Albert Joseph from India, my phone number 9961237406, I have one coin I wish to sell it, any one interested please WhatsApp me,

Unknown said...

Hello.. sir .. my coins same to you
Your coins.. how much your value 1987
50 halalas silver coins..

Unknown said...

From : phillipines
Davao City..
09973296564,09478780499

Unknown said...

Hello sar maam 50riyal ace amar kace eto retjanaben

Unknown said...

Mobile. 01321728357. Plz pon mi

Unknown said...

I have this 1 coin what is value???

Unknown said...

Yohannan Samuel mob. No. 9810902618. I have one coin 100 emblem of sword and palm tree year not know wish to sell it, anyone interested please watts app me

Unknown said...

I have nearly the same coin. On the side with 50 it only has the IE • •
No upside down V on it how much value is it?

Unknown said...

Yes old coin picture to send whatsapp number UAE send me

Unknown said...

I have this coin 🪙 exactly this coin.. 50 hala 1308 plzzz tell me the value of this coin

Anonymous said...

50 coins value

Anonymous said...

50 coins value

Anonymous said...

I have this coin 🪙 exactly this coin.. 50 hala 1308 plzzz tell me the value of this coin

Anonymous said...

I have three silver coins they have a little palm trees. Can you tell me what they are I can send you pictures.