Sunday, June 22, 2014

Dateless Jefferson Nickel, 194?

The only reason I am posting this coins is that it looks so odd. It is like a cameo or a shadow of a coin. It has been worn so thin that most of the details are gone.
It is either a 1940, 1946, or 1948, none of which have any extra value in this shape. I am sure if I studied the partial date I could figure it out but that is minutes of my life I will never get back.

Honestly I just like the look it is worn in such a odd way. The center letters look untouched, even the edge dramatically get worn like it was cut or sanded.

Here's the stats...
Type/Country: 5 Cents / United States of America
Year: Unknown (194?)
Mintage: Unknown
Metal: 75% copper 25% nickel
Value: $0.05 in Poor (P-1)

Want to know if your nickel has more than face value? Leave a comment/question and I will do my best to find out the price and history for you.

3 dollars worth, for Comments/Questions click here.:

Anonymous said...

uncle sam got his moneys worth out of that coin.

Man said...

uncle sam got his moneys worth out of that coin.

Yup.

Unknown said...

Hey I just got one of these nickels in some change I can't read the date but it looks just like the one ine the picture it's worn down on the head of other coin and the building but it is worn in such an odd way I'm wondering if it's worth anything