Thursday, June 05, 2014

2002-J Germany 2 Euro Cent

From the Hamburg mint, since it has J in front of the date, is this penny sized German euro. German euro coins are becoming my third most found foreign coin behind Canada and Great Britain.

I just realized that I have not found any pre-euro coins in years. The European Union did a great job in eliminating all their member countries original coinage. The 1980s and 1990s were great times for finding European coins but now I only see Euros.

Yes each country has their own euro design but it is not the same. Collecting euros gives you a coin with only one side different. It limits the design possibilities including shape, size, and metal. If the world ever achieved peace and harmony image how boring the global currency would be, assuming that money even matters a million years in the future.

Here are the stats...
Type/Country: 2 Euro Cents / German
Year: 2002 J
Mintage: 504,090,000
Metal: Copper Plated Steel
Value: $0.05 in VF

Do you have any German Euro coin and want to know its value? Leave a comment/question and I will do my best to find out the price and history for you.

2 dollars worth, for Comments/Questions click here.:

Unknown said...

I have that coin what can I get for it

Unknown said...

لدي هاذه العمله بس 2003