Wednesday, June 11, 2014

2012 Greece Euro Cent

"I'm on a boat!" Well maybe nit but a boat is how I identified this euro as Greek. It has one of those ancient boats with many oars and sails.

The Athenian trireme is an oar ship with three tiers it was one if the most well built and powerful battle ships of its day. I cannot read the word below the ship and the letters looks Russian to me. Still The boat has a distinctive Greek design so that is how you can identify this coin.

Here's the stats...
Type/Country: 1 Euro Cent / Greece
Year: 2012
Mintage: 47,967,500   
Metal: Copper Plated Steel: 94.35% Steel 5.65% Copper
Value: $0.05 in F

Update: From DR, "the word below the ship is LEPTO (cent)".

Do you have a Euro coin and want to know its value? Leave a comment/question and I will do my best to find out the price and history for you.

2 dollars worth, for Comments/Questions click here.:

DR said...

the word below the ship is LEPTO (cent)

Man said...

the word below the ship is LEPTO (cent)

Thank you for that.