Friday, December 28, 2012

2008 Italy 10 Euro Cent

Have an Italian coin and want to know its value? Leave a comment

As the year draws to a close I am still finding funny money in my change. Meanwhile Europe is still struggling with the global economic crisis and Italy has the duel issue of a large economy but also large debt. None of the Euro countries will seriously do away with Euro money but they keep it as a back pocket threat.

 

Notice something odd about the mint mark? Could it be repunched?


The mint mark for Italian coins is the R for Rome. It has been on coins for many year and tends to be ignored since it is usually the only mint mark used.

Repunched mintmark (RPM) means that the die had a faded or weak mint mark and they needed to strengthen or redo it. Done right and you would not notice. The coin would just look sharper and more detailed. Sometimes the new mint mark is slightly off and a doubling occurs. The more off its original mark the more value.

Then again the mintmark is slightly flat and it could be simple hub doubling. I cannot honestly tell the difference in this case and I have no other Euro RPM coins to check against. Opinions or links are welcomed in solving this mini mystery.

Here's the stats...
Type/Country: 10 Euro Cent / Italy
Year: 2008
Mintage: 104,956,400
Metal: Aluminum-Bronze
Value: $0.15 (starts at $1.50 if RPM)

Do you have any Euro from Italy and want to know its value? Leave a comment/question and I will do my best to find out the price and history for you.

12 dollars worth, for Comments/Questions click here.:

Anonymous said...

How do you ask for euro coins you spot in registers? I saw a 5 euro cent coin on top of a register at macy's and asked the cashier if I could trade her 5 US cents for it. She said she couldn't give it up because it was already accounted for in the register (which I doubt since it was not *in* the register but rather on top. Anyway, what would you say in a situation where you spot a foreign coin?

Man said...

How do you ask for euro coins you spot in registers?
--I usually don't ask unless I know the cashier.

In that situation I assume that the cashier wanted the Euro and is a collector.

On occasion with strangers I say, "Oh is that a Euro? Do you collect? I collect them and just wonder is that one special...oh it isn't. Are you going to keep it I hear they aren't counted at the end of the night?."

Anonymous said...

That sounds like a good approach. Thanks

Anonymous said...

where is attachment button?

Man said...

where is attachment button?

There is not one.

Unfortunately Blogger does not have the ability to add files or pictures in the comments.

Please use a free site or Google Drive or something similar.

Anonymous said...

http://picturepush.com/public/11885263

http://picturepush.com/public/11885268

do u think its real 1922 no d penny....what and what about value?

Man said...

do u think its real 1922 no d penny...

Judging by the reverse the wheat stalks are not clear and it seem filled instead of worn.
The front ripple close to the date is not normal.

This looks like a cast fake. No extra value.

Were it real in that condition it would be about $800.00.

I think someone heated the edge to get rid of the D. that said you should bring it to several coin clubs in your area for in hand opinions.

Anonymous said...

thank you very much

Erica said...

Hi, I have an Italian coin that is dated 1966 and its has L.100 on it as well I wanted to know how much is it worth and where would I sell it if it was worth a "Pretty Penny"?

Man said...

Italian coin that is dated 1966 and its has L.100

About $0.15 in fine.

Unknown said...

I have a MVSSOLINI MCMXLIII silver coin L 10 R - I can find L100 R & L20 R coins but cannot find an L 10 R. Does anyone know about this coin?

Man said...

MVSSOLINI MCMXLIII silver coin L 10 R

Fantasy token, the 20, 50, and 100 Lire were made with silver or gold.

The are listed in most collectors books but not your 10 Lire

If real it would be worth hundreds but I suspect this is not a 1970s original instead it is a replica made recently.

It should be tested for silver content either way.