Wednesday, December 12, 2012

1985 Canada Dime

Have a Canadian dime and want to know its value? Leave a comment

This dime is common and I found several before. Add to that it has no real extra value. Still it has to be featured since it was the last foreign coin I found recently.


It is a bit depressing that the year is almost over and I have not found any Bermuda coins. Sure there has been plenty of Canadian coins in my change but usually there is at least one Bermudan coin. For the last decade I have always found a Bermuda coin, usually a cent. For some reason I have not found any this year despite the fairly light hurricane season. I can only guess Bermuda was not as popular this year because of the people flocking to the Olympics in England.


Here's the stats...
Type / Country: 10 Cents / Canada
Year: 1985
Mintage: 142,800,000
Metal: 100% Nickel
Value: $0.12 in G-4(Mostly for the nickel value.)

Do you have a Canadian coin and want to know its value? Leave a comment/question and I will do my best to find out the price and history for you.

8 dollars worth, for Comments/Questions click here.:

Anonymous said...

why do they make canadian coins the same size and similar looking to american ones? It seems like there would be a lot less confusing if the pennies, nickels, dimes and quarters didnt look almost identical at first glance!

Man said...

why do they make canadian coins the same size and similar looking to american ones?

Well several reasons but most common was metal prices.

Back when coins were copper, silver, and gold they had a set value globally.

So each country would make them the same size this way they could trade fairly.

Now I guess it is tradition to keep them the same size. Although the farther you get from European influence the more odd shapes and size.

Unknown said...

Because they are made in American mints and fit the same machines.

Kenny

Man said...

Because they are made in American mints and fit the same machines.

Kenny


Not always true, some are but most are not.

Canadian mints are superior in many ways.

Anonymous said...

I have 1990 10 cent canadian coin how much the price??

Anonymous said...

I have 1981 10 cent canadian coin How much the price

Unknown said...

I have a 10 cents 1985 canda

Unknown said...

I have this coin but it's silver