Sunday, December 30, 2012

2001 Trinidad & Tobago 5 Cents

Have a coin from Trinidad and Tobago and want to know its value? Leave a comment

Barring some last minute drop from the sky this is my last change find for 2012. Got it as a penny at a local store, did not ask for it just was in my change. Trinidadian coins are not uncommon around NYC since there is a large Caribbean community.


The front has the Republic of Trinidad and Tobago with the national arms. In the arms is the motto says TOGETHER WE ASPIRE, TOGETHER WE ACHIEVE.

The reverse has the bird of paradise and the value 5 cents. It is a bronze coin and even though the exchange rate is less than one cent it should have a metal value higher than three. It weighs 3.31 grams but the purity of the copper is not known, to me at least.

Here's the stats for this coin...
Type/Country: 5 Cents / Trinidad and Tobago
Year: 2001
Mintage: Unknown
Metal: Bronze
Value: $0.05 in F

Some of you may notice that I skipped my newly regular Round-Up this is to cram every last 2012 find before the year ends. I will do my traditional year in review tomorrow so I will postpone the usually currency post.

Do you have a Trinidad and Tobago coin and want to know its value? Leave a comment/question and I will do my best to find out the price and history for you.

3 dollars worth, for Comments/Questions click here.:

Anonymous said...

I have a 1dollar trinidad coin what is its value

Man said...

1dollar trinidad coin

Depends on year and type but usually about $1.00.

Unknown said...

I have that coin.i want to know it's value