Wednesday, January 25, 2012

1997 Dominican Republic 5 Pesos

Do you have a Dominican Republic coin and want to know its value? Leave a comment

Back in the day finding Dominican coins in my change was common. Unfortunately in the last few years it has become more difficult. While New York still has a large Dominican community it is not to the levels of the 1980s.

On the seedier side people use to buy Dominican quarters for a few cents a piece and then use them in parking meters. I guess the new meters do not have the same loop hole.

REPUBLICA DOMINICANA (Dominican Republic) 1997  center 5 PESOS///// 50 ANIVERSARIO BANCO CENTRAL 1947-1997 (50th Anniversary - Central Bank) center SANCHEZ


Note the edge is segmented or partial reeded. This is common way of reeding in many countries use it to both stop counterfeiting and help for the visually impaired.

Here's the stats...
Type/Country: 5 Pesos / Dominican Republic
Year: 1997
Mintage: Unknown
Metal: Bi-Metallic: Stainless Steel Center, Brass Outer Ring
Value: $0.75 in Very-Fine

Do you have coin from the Dominican Republic and want to know its value? Leave a comment/question and I will do my best to find out the price and history for you.

12 dollars worth, for Comments/Questions click here.:

Anonymous said...

are there any coins you see MORE of these days?

Man said...

are there any coins you see MORE of these days?

Canadians still come in at over 20 a year.

Lately British coins have been showing up a lot more.

Anonymous said...

I have a 1peso from the dominican republic from 1997 I was wondering what is its value if you have any info on it please contact me at 1 709 538 3103 thank you

Man said...

1peso from the dominican republic from 1997

About $1.00 in extra-fine

Unknown said...

Can you recommend a good site and/or shop to buy Dominican Proof coins, or other collectible Dominican coins? (besides Ebay)

Man said...

Can you recommend a good site and/or shop to buy Dominican Proof coins, or other collectible Dominican coins?

Unfortunately I do not.

Heritage Auctions occasionally sells these types. Also try coin forums and just start a page looking for good DR coin sites.

Sorry I could not help but I will keep an ear out for good legit sites.

Anonymous said...

How do i sell my 5 pesos coin?

Man said...

How do i sell my 5 pesos coin?

Try eBay or a coin forum, maybe a coin shop but these are common and hold little interest.

Unknown said...

My name Taifa I have a 5 pesos coin year 1947 to 1997 how much is it worth and where do I go to sell it I live in Boston, MA

Man said...

5 pesos coin year 1947 to 1997

About $0.75 try eBay to sell it.

Unknown said...

I have a 5 pesos coin from 1947-1997 stamped on it wanted to know does it have value?

Unknown said...

I have 5 pesos coin from 1947-1997 stamped on it wanted to know does it value??