Monday, January 16, 2012

1998 Czech 20 Korun

Do you have a Czech Republic coin and want to know its value? Leave a comment

By using electronic banking I realize that it is not easy to get change and even less chances to find "funny" money. Until I can figure out more convenient ways to live on cash I will still be in the vaults.

This is a Czech Republic coin not to be confused with a Czechoslovakia or a Republic of Slovakia coin. It is sad to see break ups but that means twice as many coins for the kids.

20 KČ Saint on a horse SVATÝ VÁCLAVE, NEDEJ ZAHYNOUT NÁM I BUDOUCÍM (Saint Wenceslas, perish forbid us her future)
ČESKA REPUBLIKA 1998 (Czech Republic 1998)
There is no doubling on the coin the lettering is made with an outline font. A sharp version of this coin must look great. It would be golden and highly detailed with the outline font looking like a neon sign. There is a proof version and I can only imagine how it pops out.

Here's the stats...
Type/Country: 20 Korun / Czech Republic
Year: 1998
Mintage: 15,725,000 (Officially 41,786 were destroyed)
Metal: Brass Plated Steel
Value: $0.75 in Very-Fine

Update: From an anonymous comment: "the correct czech coin translation is "St Wenceslaus, don't let us or the future ones perish." "

I have yet to confirm this but it makes sense.


Do you have coin from the Czech Republic and want to know its value? Leave a comment/question and I will do my best to find out the price and history for you.

12 dollars worth, for Comments/Questions click here.:

Obsolete Currency said...

I've got a couple of these and noticed the apparent "doubling" in the letters also.

Man said...

I've got a couple of these and noticed the apparent "doubling" in the letters also.

Yes, at first I thought it was true doubling but then when I other coins I realized it is just part of the design.

Anonymous said...

I have a coin that had the words
"GEORGIVS V DEI GRA:BRITT:OMN:REX FID:DEF:IND:IMP:" on one side and "One Penny" on the other. The date is 1935. I got this from my dad's collection. What is is worth???
-Girl With Weird Coin

Anonymous said...

I also have a bicentennial 1976 coin. It has a picture of two drummers and a flute player in a circle on one side, and an American Eagle on the other. I can't find anything about it online!!!
-Girl With Weird Coin(s)

Man said...

"GEORGIVS V DEI GRA:BRITT:OMN:REX FID:DEF:IND:IMP:" on one side and "One Penny" on the other. The date is 1935
--British about $0.25 in fine

bicentennial 1976 coin. It has a picture of two drummers and a flute player in a circle on one side, and an American Eagle on the other.
--Some type of medal many were made in 1976, it just has metal value.

If you can place a picture online somewhere and copy & paste a link here.

Anonymous said...

the correct czech coin translation is "St Wenceslaus, don't let us or the future ones perish."

Man said...

the correct czech coin translation is "St Wenceslaus, don't let us or the future ones perish."


Makes more sense I will update and add this translation.

Unknown said...

I have this coin i will lije to know 8ts value. Eric

Man said...

I have this coin i will lije to know 8ts value. Eric

About $0.75

Anonymous said...

Yes

Anonymous said...

Yes I do

Anonymous said...

I have this coin and I would like to know its value