Monday, January 02, 2012

1997 Colombia 200 Pesos

Do you have Colombia coin and want to know its value? Leave a comment

One of many reasons to upgrade your old books is for the coins not listed. This 1997 Colombian 200 Pesos was not listed even in the 2010 World Coin book by Krause. It is nothing rare or special but occasional omissions are normal.

Another coin that has edge lettering which is common for coins with high denominations. It is a security feature to make counterfeiting more difficult.

 
 
 
 
 

Obverse: REPUBLICA DE COLOMBIA, 200 PESOS, 1997
Edge: *** 200 PESOS *** MOTIVO QUIMBAYA
Reverse:  Quimbaya artwork design

Attempted to take a picture of the entire edge. If I used the Stitch Assist feature or taken a video and stills it would look better. A continuous edge shot but that means a little more patience than I have. Especially when the Jets and Giants were playing on the same day. 

Here's the stats...
Type/Country: 200 Pesos / Colombia
Edge: Upside down ↑↓
Year: 1997
Mintage: 37,000,000
Metal: Copper-Zinc-Nickel
Value: $0.15 in Fine

Do you have a Colombian coin and want to know its value? Leave a comment / question and I will do my best to find out the price and history for you.

15 dollars worth, for Comments/Questions click here.:

TL said...

This is a really coin. I think I have some Pesos and if I do, I'll comment with the dates and types later.

Man said...

No problem.
I'm still posting old coins since I have not found any good finds since Mid-December.

TL said...

I have a 2008 Mexican Peso. I thought I had some others but they turned out to be Centavos and Bolivianos.

Man said...

2008 Mexican Peso about $0.60 in extra-fine


I thought I had some others but they turned out to be Centavos and Bolivianos.
--These are nice just like U.S and Canada coins most moderns have little value but pre-1940s are the most collectible.

TL said...

$60 for a 2008 Mexican Peso? Wow! The one I have is it circulated condition with some sort of stain on it.

Besides Canada, most of the foreign coins I have are modern. It's hard to collect old foreign coins here in the U.S. It's too bad I didn't coin collect back in 6th and 8th grade when I went to Canada, or two years ago when I went to Nova Scotia.

Man said...

$60 for a 2008 Mexican Peso? Wow! The one I have is it circulated condition with some sort of stain on it.
--No, 60 cents.

Not $60.00 it says $0.60.

It's hard to collect old foreign coins here in the U.S.
--Being in NYC it is easier but I never lived anywhere else so it is hard to compare.

TL said...

My bad, I thought it said $60 for some reason.

I did get another star note. The serial number is F 06377406. It's one dollar bill, series 2006.

Man said...

F 06377406. It's one dollar bill, series 2006 about $2.50

jerm8304 said...

Hello. Maybe u did answer this question and I missed it. But how much is a coin of 200 pesos from republic de Colombia 1997, worth?

Man said...

200 pesos from republic de Colombia 1997

About $0.15

Pesos Collector said...

What about a 200 pesos from 2011, when I looked it up on Google it said it's worth 11$ I was impressed buthat now i see that's it 15 cents!?!? How much is my coin worth and is this really accurate?!

Man said...

200 pesos from 2011, when I looked it up on Google it said it's worth 11$ I was impressed buthat now i see that's it 15 cents!?!?

Depends on grade in mint condition about $1.50 if near-perfect then maybe $11.00

Circulated is $0.60 or less.

Unknown said...

I have one im from philippines

Unknown said...

I have a 200 pesos coin from columbia with the lettering around its sixe. What's it worth?

Anonymous said...

I have 1 coin Republica DE Colombia since 1997 200 pesos