Friday, December 23, 2016

1974 Syria 5 Piastres

After a long break I'm back but enough chitchat look what I found.

The second Syrian coin I found and it is not a coincidence that I found it now. Currently in Syria, especially Aleppo, there is a civil war going on. Half a dozen factions are fighting for control of the country and in the process it is causing massive destruction.

Reporters and humanitarians are traveling to Syria and bringing back, among other items, coins. This is my best guess on how I recently found this 5 Piastres or 5 Qirsh coin in my change.

Reverse of 5 Piastres (Qirsh) coin, value diamond, 2 stars
Obverse of 5 Piastres (Qirsh) coin date 1394-1974 imperial eagle
Typical of Islamic region coins it has no human images.

Here's the stats...
Type/Country: 5 Piastres / Syria
Year: 1974
Mintage: Unknown
Metal: Aluminum-Bronze
Value: $0.15 in Very-Fine

0 dollars worth, for Comments/Questions click here.: