Monday, December 26, 2016

1905 Liberty Head Nickel

My oldest find of 2016, I think. Plus my first Liberty Head Nickel I have shown on this blog. I found a few before but finally I have time to post this rather old find.

Obvere of 1905 Liberty Head Nickel
Reverse of 1905 Liberty Head Nickel
The coin is almost 112 years old and a bit worn still all the essential elements like date, value, and  the head are still quite visible. The word LIBERTY is not visible at all in her crown so at most the grade is good (G-4).

Here's the stats...
Type/Country: 5 Cents / United States
Year: 1905
Mintage: 29,825,124
Metal: 75% Copper 25% Nickel
Value: $2.00 in G-4

Do you have a nickel and want to know its value? Leave a comment/question and I will do my best to find out the price and history for you.

3 dollars worth, for Comments/Questions click here.:

Unknown said...

I am new to this site and have a very odd gold coin. Would love to know more about it but I can't figure out how to post pics and questions....lol

Finding America said...

[Finding America] in USA, i will found the Nickel Liberty Head 1892 minted from 1883-1913

Finding America said...

by Great Metal Detecting finds and Rules Of Thumb to detect by! Old Silver Coins, Relics, Toys! Equinox