Monday, May 26, 2014

1974 Canada 5 Cents

It actually has been six months since I found a significant Canadian nickel. I have found a few in that time but most are common repeats. This one is common but I have not featured it before.

The coin is 100% nickel (well more than 99.9% nickel) and is currently worth more than face value. I am pretty sure you can melt Canadian coins in the U.S. as long as you did not import them for that reason. Finding them in your change makes them free to alter.

Here's the stats for the coin pictured...
Type/Country: 5 Cents / Canada
Year: 1974
Mintage: 94,704,645
Metal: 100% Nickel
Value: $0.10 in Extra-Fine

Do you have five cents from Canada coin and want to find out its value? Leave a question/comment and I will do my best to find out the price and history for you.

0 dollars worth, for Comments/Questions click here.: