Tuesday, May 06, 2014

1979 Canada Cent

Almost done with the 1970s Canadian cents for this blog. I will still collect them but unless they have some type of error or other coolness then I will not post about that series.

Aside from the metal value there is still no extra value for these common cents. Still finding Canadian coins in my change is easy and the only coins I find more of are wheat cents.

Here's the stats...
Type/Country: 1 Cent / Canada
Year: 1979
Mintage: 753,942,953
Metal: 98% Copper, 0.5% Tin, and 1.5% Zinc
Value: $0.02 in F

Do you have a cent from Canada and want to know its value? Leave a comment/question and I will do my best to find out the price and history for you.

2 dollars worth, for Comments/Questions click here.:

Anonymous said...

Do you know if there is anywhere I could buy a Canadian coin folder? I have a lot of pennies, nickels, dimes and quarters from Canada, I'd like to start filling folders, but I'm in the U.S.

Man said...

Do you know if there is anywhere I could buy a Canadian coin folder? I have a lot of pennies, nickels, dimes and quarters from Canada, I'd like to start filling folders, but I'm in the U.S.

Most coin shops should have one or large bookstores.

Either that or order online Whitman.com or Amazon, they average $4.00 per folder.