Friday, May 09, 2014

2001-P Canada Volunteer 10 Cents

In honor of the millions of Canadians, in particular mothers, that volunteer to make Canada a better place the government made this dime. Of course it is also a nod to the March of Dimes foundation as the women on the reverse are in a standard marching lineup.


This coin looks very nice but suffers from a lot of no value mint errors. It has been seen with die clashes and die gouges. Toward the edges you can see where the design and the rim meets that the metal is peeling. I am not sure what causes this but it happens at minting and is so common that it does not add value, just the opposite it takes away value.

Here's the stats...
Type/Country: 10 Cents / Canada
Year: 2001 P
Mintage: 224,714,000
Metal: 92% Steel, 5.5% Copper, 2.5% Nickel
Value: $0.10 in G-4

Do you have any Canadian coin and want to know its value? Leave a comment/question and I will do my best to find out the price and history for you.

2 dollars worth, for Comments/Questions click here.:

Nina said...

I was trying to post a coin for u to tell me the estimated value. But I can't figure out how to add a photo in comments. So I can leave my email address and u can message me?? ninamejv@gmail.com

Anonymous said...

I have some coin to get a value on if you can help mpirelegacy7@gmail.com