Saturday, May 24, 2014

1961-D Lincoln Memorial Cent

A billion more of these 1961 Denver cents were made compared to the Philadelphia cent. While Denver mints always tend to make more coins this time it seemed a bit excessive for some unknown reason.

This one is in rough shape. The damage is helping dirt and fibers get caught on the surface, which will lead to more damage. It is easy enough to upgrade for cheap or free. Since I just use the first example I find in my change to feature on the blog this one is perfectly acceptable.

Here's the stats...
Type/Country: 1 Cent / United States
Year: 1961-D
Mintage: 1,753,266,700
Metal: 95% Copper, 5% Zinc
Value: $0.02 in G-4

Do you have a cent and want to know its value? Leave a comment/question and I will do my best to find out the price and history for you. 

0 dollars worth, for Comments/Questions click here.: