Tuesday, April 15, 2014

2004 Portugal Euro Cent

My first Portuguese euro ever. I got it in change as a cent and did not even recognize the country until I got home and looked it up. Portugal is written twice on it but it is so small I could barely see it.

The coin has the royal seal of 1134 which is the first royal seal of Portugal. It has a stylized PORTUGAL with a cross for the T. It also has 7 castles and 5 coat of arms surrounding the name. In between the castles and arms is the country name again Portugal and the date. The mint mark of INCM and VS which is the designer's initial.

Here's the stats...
Type/Country: 1 Euro Cent / Portugal
Year: 2004
Mintage: 75,000,000
Metal: Copper Plated Steel: 94.35% Steel 5.65% Copper
Value: $0.05 in Very-Fine

Do you have coin from Portugal and want to know its value? Leave a comment/question and I will do my best to find out the price and history for you.

0 dollars worth, for Comments/Questions click here.: