Monday, April 21, 2014

1947 Wheat Cent

There are 30 circulating 1940s cent and so far I have found and listed 11 of them. Every time I think I get close to finishing a series just from my change I realize I am not that close.

This cent is a bit green and scarred but still in great shape. It is common among the 40s cents so I expect to find more hopefully I will trade up. It is never a good idea to keep cents with that green stuff because it does spread.

Here's the stats...
Type/Country: 1 Cent / United States
Year: 1947
Mintage: 190,555,000
Metal: 95% Copper, 5% Tin and Zinc
Value: $0.05 in F-12

Do you have an older cent and want to know its value? Leave a comment/question and I will do my best to find out the price and history for you.

0 dollars worth, for Comments/Questions click here.: