Monday, July 23, 2012

2006 $50 Bill, IE-A

Have a fifty dollar note and want to know its value? Leave a comment

As suggested I will try to show more currency. Now I have very few interesting notes since I only started to collect them the last decade or so. Most are just new and I am not obsessive about serial number or varieties.

This is one of the last fifty dollar bill I got. I think it was from my last scholarship check before graduating, I decided to cash it instead of banking it just to get walking around money. If my bad memory is correct I have not received any fifty or hundred dollars bills since early 2009.


Color, security strip, watermark, and a hologram are some obvious security measures but there are few more to prevent counterfeiting.

THE UNTIED STATES OF AMERICA in micro-printing on the collar.
3-D design with micro-printing of USA FIFTY on certain parts of the background.
Micro-printing of the word FIFTY along the border.
Despite all these measures counterfeiting is still a problem, especially among $20 and $100 bills. Certain scanners, printers, and software has been coded to refuse the copying or printing of currency. That said I have always been able to scan and print notes for my records without issues. Legally I think as long as no attempt at fraud is involved you can copy and print to your hearts content.

Ulysses S. Grant the 18th president is featured on the front of the note with the U.S. Capitol on the back.

Here's the stats for this bill...
Type/Federal Bank: $50 Note / Richmond
Year: 2006
Printings: 41,600,000
Printed: January 2009
Run: 12th of 13 from IE35200001A - IE38400000A
Value: $75.00 in CH-CU(the one above is a lesser grade but it is very close)

Do you have currency and want to know its value? Leave a comment/question and I will do my best to find out the price and history for you.

0 dollars worth, for Comments/Questions click here.: