Monday, March 18, 2013

2003 $5 Bill, DH-A

Have a five dollar note and want to know its value? Leave a comment

My collection of bills are to the extreme in terms of grading. This heavily folded an dirty bill is just a little older than the $5 bill I featured last week which was near perfect. Since currency collecting is not my first choice I tend to but them aside only if I notice, unfortunately that is not often.



When I first started coin collecting as a child I never thought of collecting bills because they were too much money to just put aside. Then I inherited a bunch of $2 bills and tried to keep them. Unfortunately I needed to buy some stuff with cash and spent them all. For years I just did not bother. After collecting state quarters and seeing how quickly they added to real money I figured maybe try saving $1 bills. Soon after saving a few I got several silver certificates and thought I should try to collect them all.

Granted having a job and earning a paycheck was a big factor. Not being dependent on an allowance was great. Collecting coins or currency is better the more money you make. Also at the time I cashed out my paychecks so I got a lot of money to sort through at once. Slowly I started plucking out one note from each denomination and series. This went well until about 2009 when I went electronic. Having all my financial transactions done electronically actually saves me time and money but nearly shutdown my finds.

Change finds depends on the amount of cash you come across, the more cash = the more opportunities to find something. Unless I get a bigger paycheck or the bank changes its fees I am stuck with e-banking and see few opportunities to get cash.

Here's the stats for this bill...
Type/Federal Bank: $5 Note - Fort Worth / St. Louis
Year: 2003
Printings: 51,200,000
Printed: February 2004
Run: 3rd of 8 runs from DH12800001A - DH19200000A 
Value:  $5.00 in Very-Good (VG)

Do you have a $5 note and want to know its value? Leave a comment/question and I will do my best to find out the price and history for you.

6 dollars worth, for Comments/Questions click here.:

Doug said...

Hi, been looking around on your blog and it is great, very informative. Just today I received a 1950 series D $10 bill back as change. Pretty good shape, no rips or tears with just a fold in the middle. The serial number is B 35436845 J bank of New York. Any idea of its value? Is it worth keeping or should I just spend it normally?

Man said...

1950 series D $10 bill back as change. Pretty good shape, no rips or tears with just a fold in the middle. The serial number is B 35436845 J

About $11.00 no big loss if you decide to use it.

Anonymous said...

Value of a Fiji 1975 50 cent?
Thanks.

Man said...

Fiji 1975 50 cent about $1.00

KD said...

I just found a twenty dollar bill, Series 1999 with no little yellow 20's on back and Jackson has a circle around his head. Watermarks, etc. are visible when held up to light. S serial no. BG62474006D, G7 and a FW A 33, signed by Mary Ellen ? and Lawrence H. Something. Is it worth more? Ty

Man said...

twenty dollar bill, Series 1999 with no little yellow 20's on back and Jackson has a circle around his head. Watermarks, etc. are visible when held up to light. S serial no. BG62474006D

Common and normal just $20.00