Wednesday, April 11, 2012

1975 Haiti 10 Centimes

Do you have a Haiti coin and want to know its value? Leave a comment

First time showing off a Haitian coin. Most are common and worth very little. Still in my change they are hardly seen and when they come in coin lots I always get the most common centimes.

There is so much to say about Haiti itself that the coin seems insignificant. Still recovering from the 2010  earthquake the population has survived but is not yet thriving. Before I get all depressed let me move on to the coin itself.

REPUBLIQUE D'HAITI 1975

LIBERTÉ · ÉGALITÉ · FRATERNITÉ
AUGMENTONS LA PRODUCTION ALIMENTAIRE 
L'UNION FAIT LA FORCE 
· 10 ·

With less than one cent in exchange rate I doubt this coin is used much.

Here's the stats...
Type/Country: 10 Centimes / Haiti
Year: 1975
Mintage: 12,000,000
Metal: Copper-Nickel
Value: $0.05 in VF

I took one year of French in college and did quite well, that said I forgot most of it and cannot translate off hand.

Do you have a Haitian coin and want to know its value? Leave a comment/question and I will do my best to find out the price and history for you.

10 dollars worth, for Comments/Questions click here.:

Anonymous said...

"rebublic of Haiti"
"liberty, equality, brotherhood"
"increasing agricultural production"
"union makes power"

Man said...

"rebublic of Haiti"
"liberty, equality, brotherhood"
"increasing agricultural production"
"union makes power"


Thanks, I know I could have used Google Translate but I liked the mystery.

TL said...

Where did you find this coin?

Man said...

Where did you find this coin?

I can't recall exactly.
That said I think I got it in my change in the 1980s.

I have more but most older ones were from a coin lot I bought a few years back.

TL said...

It would be cool to find this in your change these days.

Anonymous said...

1975 10 Centimes/Haiti Coin.

Walking the beach in Port Aransas, Texas as I do every day. . . I spottend a small bit of metal in the sand. . . .

It turned out to be this coin. . .well worn in some areas but I was able to do a google and took me to your site. . .

Glad to know what I found. . .I guess not as great a discovery as a chest of doubloons. . . but still a "find". . .

Man said...

I guess not as great a discovery as a chest of doubloons

Still a nice find, I think more Haitian stuff will watch up on your shores than old-time pirate stuff.

Anonymous said...

Lady said I dont recall how i got it but has had it for a long time

Man said...

Lady said I dont recall how i got it but has had it for a long time

Okay.

Carol(Koch)Taylor said...

1979 Republique D'Haiti
Other side has:Liberty Egalite Fraternite 50