Friday, April 27, 2012

1952 Nickel

Do you have a nickel and want to know its value? Leave a comment 

X marks the spot.

Yes it marks the precise spot where the coin lost all but metal value. Granted this sixty year old heavily circulated coin has no real extra value. Still I do enjoy older coins there is something about the 50s that always seems cool.


The only change find yesterday but I went to a few stores so I have no idea who gave it to me.

Here's the stats...
Type/Country: 5 Cents / United States
Year: 1952
Mintage: 63,988,000
Metal: 75% Copper, 25% Nickel
Value: $0.10 in Fine

I noticed I have some old paper nickel tubes. I think they are safe enough to use for short term storage but I need to research that a bit.

 

Do you have a Canada coin and want to know its value? Leave a comment/question and I will do my best to find out the price and history for

8 dollars worth, for Comments/Questions click here.:

Kelly said...

I kid you not, I had a dream last night that I found a 1953 nickel. I got it from a soda machine and when I saw its age, I thought I'd have to ask you about the value. :)

Lee said...

I have a 2001 Rhode Island Quarter that is a mis-print. It is missing at least 95% of the silver coating on the face side. Additionally, it was obviously caught in the machining process. Across the bottom on the front, only the letters "DO" (from Quarter Dollar) are visible and there is a gouge in the front not far from Washington's nose. On the back side (exact flip side of front damage) you can barely make out "Isla" from Rhode Island. Would a coin like this have any value beyond the face value?

Man said...

I kid you not, I had a dream last night that I found a 1953 nickel. I got it from a soda machine and when I saw its age, I thought I'd have to ask you about the value. :)

In the old country they would said "you should play the lotto".

Still about $0.10 but if you can bring it out of your dream you could be rich.

Man said...

2001 Rhode Island Quarter that is a mis-print. It is missing at least 95% of the silver coating on the face side. Additionally, it was obviously caught in the machining process. Across the bottom on the front, only the letters "DO" (from Quarter Dollar) are visible and there is a gouge in the front not far from Washington's nose. On the back side (exact flip side of front damage) you can barely make out "Isla" from Rhode Island.

Unfortunately it sounds damaged, as if someone took off the top layers by force or acid.

That said if you can upload a picture somewhere and copy & paste the link here that may help.

For now it sounds altered and no extra value.

TL said...

I received from a friend 6 Buffalo nickels, 4 of them did not have dates, but the other ones were 1929 and 1937. I also found a couple more Presidential Dollars.

Man said...

6 Buffalo nickels, 4 of them did not have dates, but the other ones were 1929 and 1937.

Nice friend, even dateless Buffaloes are about $0.50 each.
The other two are about $1.25 each.

TL said...

I'm glad I have a Buffalo nickel with a date on it. The two I previously found had no date.

Man said...

I'm glad I have a Buffalo nickel with a date on it.

Cool, you'll find more they are still common..