Wednesday, April 18, 2012

1941 Nickel

Do you have a nickel and want to know its value? Leave a comment 

I just noticed that I have not found any foreign coins. Got a few Canadians and of course American but besides that no other country. Very strange I usually have a few by now.

Well until that time I will finally showcase this 1941 nickel. Some of you may notice that I posted about this before but never a solo showcase. So here it goes.


Also found a 1953 wheat cent at the same time but that one has been featured on the main stage before.

Here's the stats...
Type/Country: 5 Cents / United States
Year: 1941
Mintage: 203,265,000
Metal: 75% Copper, 25% Nickel
Value: $0.10 in Fine

There seems to be a faster slowdown in finds. Oxymoron aside I am finding the lack of opportunities to use cash is growing. This is coming from a guy who was completely "off the grid" ten years ago. Oh well progress is not going to stop so why should I.

Do you have a five cents and want to know its value? Leave a comment/question and I will do my best to find out the price and history for you.

8 dollars worth, for Comments/Questions click here.:

baselle said...

Funny you blogged about nickels. I received a 1935 buffalo nickel in my change tonight. P, I think there's no mint mark. Worn, but I see all four legs on the buffalo.

Man said...

1935 buffalo nickel in my change tonight. P, I think there's no mint mark. Worn, but I see all four legs on the buffalo.

Nice, about $1.00 I guess someone let there nickel collections go free.

TL said...

I found a 1941 nickel a couple of days before you posted this. I also found a 1 Peso 2000 from Republic of Dominica.

Man said...

I found a 1941 nickel a couple of days before you posted this.
--Here I thought I was special.

I also found a 1 Peso 2000 from Republic of Dominica
--Just $1.00 if you mean Dominican Republic (Republica Dominicana)

The Commonwealth of Dominica does not issues Peso coins.

Anonymous said...

I found a 1939 nickel. On the reverse a can make out a few steps on the left and right sides - not full steps - is there such a thing as partial steps? Thank you

Man said...

1939 nickel. On the reverse a can make out a few steps on the left and right sides - not full steps - is there such a thing as partial steps?

Sort of.
There are Full Steps and then each step that is missing is graded less.

About $0.25

Anonymous said...

I have a 1941 totally copper color Canadian Nickel............what are they worth pls?

THANKS!

Man said...

1941 totally copper color Canadian Nickel

You have to weigh it for an estimate in value and possible error type.