Thursday, July 17, 2008

Quick Find

Do you have a Euro coin and want to know its value? Leave a comment/question and I will do my best to find out the price and history for you.

I'm trying to post the coins I find or buy faster so with that in mind I found this Irish Euro coin in my change two days ago and don't want to leave it wandering on my desk for months.

Ireland (Eire) has been using Euros since 2002 and each year they mint less and less. Take the 2 Euro cent in 2002 the made 354,643,386 by 2006 they only made 26,628,597 which is a big drop.
Note the 2009 Standard Catalog of World Coins 2001-Date has a 2005 mintage of 72,600. This is completely wrong someone left out the extra numbers.

The coins edge has a smooth edge with a groove, I couldn't get a good picture so here is an image from the great and awful Wikipedia.


Here's the stats from top left...
Type/Country: 2 Euro Cent / Ireland
Year: 2007
Mintage: 84,291,248(Estimated the true number may not be known for years)
Metal: Copper Plated Steel
Value: $0.10 in VF


Do you have a Euro coin and want to know its value? Leave a comment/question and I will do my best to find out the price and history for you.

13 dollars worth, for Comments/Questions click here.:

Unknown said...

i have 2003 $10 star note , serial # DA00332887. Under th serial are the letters "A1". i am not a collector, but i was wondering the value of the bill. it is not uncirculated. let me knoe if you can help out?

Man said...

2003 $10 star note , serial # DA00332887

About $40.00 in very-fine.

Anonymous said...

i have a 1 euro cent with a harp on the back, is this a error, cuz I looked at the pictures and it shows it with a flower on the back, how much could it be worth?

Man said...

1 euro cent with a harp on the back, is this a error

Not an error.
Each country has it's own design of the euro so a harp on the back is a euro from Ireland while a flower on the back is a euro from Austria or something the designs are always changing.

Anonymous said...

yes i have a coin that is silver and it has some kind of writing on it and it has one flower in the front and then two on the back

Man said...

yes i have a coin that is silver and it has some kind of writing on it and it has one flower in the front and then two on the back

Not enough info, Asian? Numbers? anything else would be helpful.

Unknown said...

yes i have a euro I tried to take a picture of it for you but it wouldnt come out clear so Im going to explain the best I can. On the back its got a type of cross with the letters (por) on the left top side of the cross and the letters (tv) on the right top side and the letters (Ga) on the bottom left and a (L) on the bottom right side of the cross. Im pretty sure those are the letters not sure its in weird font. also around all that there is these symbols like square and rounded with lines on top of them its hard to explain nothing ive ever seen before. and ofcourse on the outer edges is the stars like the other euros. I was just extremely courious because it has no date, not that i can read anyways, please help me on this one thank you, Amanda get back to me if you have any questions aharrell881@gmail.com

Man said...

yes i have a euro I tried to take a picture of it for you but it wouldnt come out clear so Im going to explain the best I can...

Sorry but I have no idea what you are describing, even a blurry picture would be better.

Unknown said...

yeah Im sorry Im horrible at describing things, I did some research and it is a portugal 1 cent 2002 it took me a while to figure out the year b/c its so small. how much is it worth? link to discribtion: http://en.ucoin.net/users/coin/portugal_1_euro_cent_2002/?ucid=192

Man said...

portugal 1 cent 2002

Ok now it the original description sounds clear.

About $0.10 in very-fine.

Anonymous said...

I have a a coin that looks like a dime. On the front top it says Belgie and a picture of a lady on one knee, looks like she is carrying a long dager. On the back top it says GOED VOOR with a picture of spread out wings a long dager. 50 Cen
1928.

Would you have any info on this coin?

Man said...

Belgie and a picture of a lady on one knee, looks like she is carrying a long dager. On the back top it says GOED VOOR with a picture of spread out wings a long dager. 50 Cen
1928.


Obverse: Allegorically female figure of Belgium kneeling, wounded but recovering

Reverse: Caduceus divides denomination and date

Type/Country: 50 Centimes / Belgium
Mintage: 10,000,000
Metal: Nickel
Value: $0.20 in Fine

Unknown said...

Value 2euro1999