Friday, July 18, 2014

1971-D Half Dollar

The 1971-D half dollar is the most common of the half dollars and it is no coincidence that I found four at one time. Even including silver halves this one is still the most common by over 100 million.

My cashier friend told me there were 7 halves in the register but I had to buy something to get them as change. Since I did not want the clerk to get in trouble I just bought some cheap candy and paid with a ten dollar bill.

Since the last time I found a half in May I found out that they did make a special half dollar in gold and four in silver from each mint. Nice to see a new interest in half dollars especially since it is the 50th anniversary of the coin. I have found more half dollars this past six months than I have in the past 15 years.

Here's the stats...
Type/Country: 50 Cents / United States
Year: 1971-D
Mintage: 302,097,424
Metal: 91.67% Copper, 8.33% Nickel
Value: $0.50 in EF-40

Have a fifty cent coin from America and want to know its value? Leave a comment/question and I will do my best to find out the price and history for you.

0 dollars worth, for Comments/Questions click here.: