Friday, May 31, 2013

2005-D California Quarter

Have a California quarter and want to know its value?

Another common state quarter that I finally got in my change. The gaps are filling out nicely too bad the quality is not there. The journey of several years tends to take its toll on all coins. Even though I have the uncirculated sets I still want to find them in my change.


Featuring John Muir, a California condor and the Yosemite Valley it is one the few coins to honor a non-native born man. John Muir was the reason we have a national park system and the Sierra club. He was a friend to nature and the best thing to happen to our country since the founding. If it was not for him and people like him our country wold be devoid of nature except for the privileged few. 

Here's the stats...
Type/Country: 25 Cents- California / United States
Year: 2005 D
Metal: 91.67% Copper 8.33% Nickel
Mintage: 263,200,000
Value: $0.25 in F-12

Do you have a state quarter and want to know its value? Leave a comment/question and I will do my best to find out the price and history for you.

6 dollars worth, for Comments/Questions click here.:

Anonymous said...

i would just like to ask how long you hhave been a coin collector and howu gotinto the hobby thanks :0

Man said...

how long you hhave been a coin collector
--20+ years

howu gotinto the hobby thanks
--Father collected and kept finding wheat cents in my change that I thought were cool.

Anonymous said...

could you please tell me the mintage and value of a 2006 north dakota state quarter thingy in a-unc thanks!

Man said...

2006 north dakota state quarter thingy in a-unc about $0.40

305,800,000 P minted

Anonymous said...

it is from denver not philly so what is the mintage?

Man said...

it is from denver not philly so what is the mintage?

359,000,000 D minted