Tuesday, July 07, 2015

1917 Wheat Cent

The good thing is that it is 98 years old. The bad thing is that it is damaged. Who knows what this coin has been through over its lifetime. What I can guess is that it suffered a series of scratches that looks intentional. Also it was glued to something at one point.

Even if not damaged in low circulating grade it has little value. Still this is probably the reason I found it in circulation. Even a casual collector would notice the damage and think it is not worthy to add to a good collection.

Here's the stats...
Type/Country: 1 Cent / United States
Year: 1917
Mintage: 196,429,785
Metal: 95% Copper, 5% Tin and Zinc
Value: $0.30 in G-4

Do you have a wheat cent and want to know its value? Leave a comment/question and I will do my best to find out the price and history for you.

8 dollars worth, for Comments/Questions click here.:

Anonymous said...

I have a Jamaican, 7 sided $1 coin dated 2008, with "The Excellent Sir Alexander Bustamante" " National Hero" . I am trying to find the value of my coin and it is in near mint condition.

Man said...

Jamaican, 7 sided $1 coin dated 2008, with "The Excellent Sir Alexander Bustamante" " National Hero" . I am trying to find the value of my coin and it is in near mint condition

About $0.80

david said...

I have a Lincoln memorial penny no date not a week strike about ef40 condition.
value?

Unknown said...

I have a 1957 wheat penny and interested in knowing the worth of it.

Man said...

I have a Lincoln memorial penny no date not a week strike about ef40 condition.
value?


Sounds like a Struck Through Grease error, no extra value.

Man said...

1957 wheat penny about $0.05 if circulated

Unknown said...

I have a 1953 double die reverse wheat penny do you know the value

Owen Carpenter said...

This is a great poost