Sunday, July 05, 2015

2013 Singapore 10 Cents

This is the most recent design change in the Singaporean ten cent coin. Previously the ten coin from 1985-2012 had the star jasmine plant. For the most recent issue from 2013 - 2014 the switched to public housing.

Around the picture of their public housing was is a very stylish lion outline. That was not the only change to the coin. Currently they are being made of nickel-plated steel instead of copper-nickel like previous coins. I am guessing that is what prompted the design change. copper-nickel is just too expensive these days, relatively speaking of course it is just a difference of half a cent.

Here's the stats...
Type/Country: 10 Cents / Singapore
Year: 2013
Mintage: Unknown
Metal: Nickel-Plated Steel
Value: $0.10 in Very-Fine

Do you have a coin from Singapore and want to know its value? Leave a comment/question and I will do my best to find out the price and history for you

3 dollars worth, for Comments/Questions click here.:

Hot Mess On My Own said...

I have a copper penny from Singapore dated 1978. Was wondering what it may be worth and some history? Thank you so much

Hot Mess On My Own said...

I also want to add it doesn't have the same markings of the ones I seen on here. It has a fountian with water coming up out of it on one side and on the other It says 1 cent and 1978 on the top and Singapore on the side

Man said...

a copper penny from Singapore dated 1978
About $0.05 in very-fine