Saturday, July 19, 2014

1972 Half Dollar

Like yesterday this fifty cent coin is common and has no extra value. That being true does not make this any less cool. Still having seven of them in my pocket was a bulky mess.

Fifty cent coins are far from convenient or light. Even back when they were new they were not a popular coin. Generally the size made the coin uncomfortable but also the denomination was odd. Yes we have had 1/2 coins since the beginning of our coinage but in modern times it feels silly. I doubt I am getting the culture of rejecting large coins right but it does exist in America.

Here's the stats...
Type/Country: 50 Cents / United States
Year: 1972
Mintage: 153,180,000
Metal: 91.67% Copper, 8.33% Nickel
Value: $0.50 in EF-40

Have a fifty cent coin from America and want to know its value? Leave a comment/question and I will do my best to find out the price and history for you.

0 dollars worth, for Comments/Questions click here.: