Friday, November 01, 2013

2007-P James Madison Dollar

If you are obsessed with edge lettering on presidential dollars then like me you want the normal edge and upside-down edge. Finally I got a normal edge James Madison dollar. Got the upside-down edge James Madison back in June of 2009.


 

There is no way to tell if any edge letter variety is more dominant. I mean you could get thousands of dollars and check each but that is too much for a change collector. As far as I can tell normal edge is more common than upside down edge at a rate of 3:2.

Neither edge type has any extra value and most people are not collecting them.

Here's the stats...
Type/Country: 1 Dollar-James Madison / United States
Year: 2007 P (Edge Normal)
Mintage: 87,780,000
Metal: 88.5% Copper, 6% Zinc, 3.5% Manganese, and 2% Nickel
Value: $1.00 in G-4

Do you have a dollar coin and want to know how much it's worth? Leave a comment/question and I will do my best to find out the price and history for you.

0 dollars worth, for Comments/Questions click here.: