Wednesday, November 21, 2012

1989 Canada Cent

Have a Canada cent and want to know its value? Leave a comment

Found two Canadian cents this week this 1989 and a 2005 previously featured. Both are common and I can only guess the sudden influx has to do with Thanksgiving shoppers using every last cent they have to buy food. Yes both were given back to me as change at a Key Food Supermarket, since apples are in season I will make several trips this month.


Yes I found both of these cents before but being copper and not American will let me do what ever I want to them. For now I will leave them in a box but soon maybe I will get access to an oven and crucible. Even if I do not they are little copper pieces that I can use in future experiments.

Here's the stats...
Type / Country: 1 Cent / Canada
Year: 1989
Mintage: 1,077,347,200
Metal: 98% Copper, 0.5% Tin, 1.5% Zinc
Value: $0.02 in XF

Do you have a Canadian coin and want to know its value? Leave a comment/question and I will do my best to find out the price and history for you

5 dollars worth, for Comments/Questions click here.:

Anonymous said...

I was given 2 canadian large cents. 1888 (doubled 8's?) and 1900 (both PCGS ms64rb?) what are they worth and what does the rest mean ? Thank You

Man said...

2 canadian large cents (both PCGS ms64rb?)

1888 (doubled 8's?) about $1,100.00
1900 about $1,400.00

Man said...

doubled 8's? = means the 888 have Doubling on them. Which is a rare error.


PCGS ms64rb? =
PCGS a grading company

MS64 is mint state 64 out of 70.

RB means red-brown which is better than brown but no as good as red.

Christena Costlow said...

Can I ask

Man said...

Can I ask

About?