Friday, November 02, 2012

1953-D Nickel

Have a nickel and want to know its value? Leave a comment

This older nickel was a nice find. It is worn but the luster and definition is still good. For an almost sixty year old coin that stayed in circulation it is really not bad.

 
This was the last coin I found before Hurricane Sandy hit and while my area is fine I have not been able to travel outside this small area. One reason I get such a diverse coin find is that I go shop around a lot in NYC. While events and disasters affect everyone differently it usually forces people to use cash. That cash is generally not special or old since it comes from banks and stores and keeps going like that in circles. With people displaced or in the dark searching for coins in piggy banks are not worth it.

Be safe everyone just because the storm is over does not mean it is safe.

Here's the stats...
Type/Country: 5 Cents / United States of America
Year: 1953-D
Mintage: 59,878,600
Metal: 75% copper 25% nickel
Value: $0.10 in Almost Uncirculated (AU-50) this one is less

Want to know if your nickel has more than face value? Leave a comment/question and I will do my best to find out the price and history for you.

4 dollars worth, for Comments/Questions click here.:

Anonymous said...

hello man :) ie been a fan of your website for a few years and i was wondering what is the best find you have ever found? i mean like value.

Man said...

been a fan of your website for a few years and i was wondering what is the best find you have ever found? i mean like value.

Thanks, I think it was this Off-Center South Carolina quarter valued at about $50.00.

Coinett said...

Good morning Man, I'm new to coins but learning quick. What can you tell me about a 2002 Lincoln penny? Lincoln looks like a wear wolf!

Unknown said...

1953 nickel, how much can it sell for?