Tuesday, July 31, 2012

2003 Pakistan Rupee

Have a coin from Pakistan and want to know its value? Leave a comment

Another tough coin to figure out even in the internet age. Before the days of the world wide web I got the 1999 version of this coin. Three years would pass before I could identify this coin. Without a world coin book, a fluency in foreign languages, or a wise old coin dealer figuring out this coin is tough.



The description back when a first got this would have been; copper coin with a man wearing a fez, the date, and on the back some type of building Arabic maybe Persian.

In fact the guy on front is not wearing a fez and is the founder of Pakistan Quaid-i-Azam Muhammad Ali Jinnah in Urdu I think it is  قائد اعظم محمد علی جناح. The Islamic Republic of Pakistan or اسلامی جمہوریۂ پاکِستان is also on the obverse with the 2003 date.

The edge is reeded.

The reverse has a mosque, not the Taj Mahal as I thought once. Also روپیہ 1 which means 1 Rupee.

This deeply struck coin seems to be slightly misaligned but I doubt it brings any extra value. 

Here's the stats...
Type/Country: 1 Rupee / Pakistan
Year: 2003
Mintage: Unknown
Metal: Bronze
Value: $0.35 in Extra-Fine ($0.01 in exchange value)

Do you have a Panamanian coin and want to know its value? Leave a comment/question and I will do my best to find out the price and history for you.

8 dollars worth, for Comments/Questions click here.:

Anonymous said...

My coin says 2006and can't find it but everyone saying 2003

Man said...

My coin says 2006and can't find it but everyone saying 2003

About $0.25

Partner Asia said...

Hello!

I am an affiliate program manager for InstaForex Group – the Best Broker in Asia.

We would like to offer you the affiliate program cooperation with InstaForex. If you are interested to get involve in high commission based program, please contact me and I will provide the details.

If you have any queries, do not hesitate to contact me.

Skype- anup.partners.ifx
Facebook- Anup Ifx Partner

Unknown said...

i ont to sael old Pakistani coined

Unknown said...

I have one like that of 2004 and I want to know its price

Unknown said...

I have the similar coin of 2004 I want to know its price

Unknown said...

Want to sell that coin

Jarvis said...

I found my 2003 1 rupee coin(now that I know the name of it) in my coin jar about 6 months ago and been know I'm just getting around to finding out about it. Two days ago I started to look into it and found nothing.
Today I decided to look up the 7 wonders of the world and long behold a piece of the puzzle I'd been trying to put together and it led me here.