Wednesday, December 07, 2011

1997 Chile 10 Pesos

Do you have a Chile coin and want to know its value? Leave a comment

I always think I have more South American coins than I actually own. Mostly because I know a lot of people from that continent so the coins seems common. It turns I only have two coins from Chile.

This coin is much more silver color in hand but halogen lights and a lack of proper photo setup makes it look a bit yellow. Trust me it is more nickel than brass.

REPUBLICA DE CHILE LIBERTADOR B. O'HIGGINS (mintmark is an o on top of an S)
10 PESOS 1997
Although this one has the Santiago mint mark on the front it has no real affect since all these types of 10 Pesos have it.

Here's the stats...
Type/Country: 10 Pesos / Chile
Year: 1997
Mintage: Not yet known.
Metal: Nickel-Brass
Value: $0.10 in Very-Fine

Do you have a Chilean coin and want to know its value? Leave a comment/question and I will do my best to find out the price and history for you.

8 dollars worth, for Comments/Questions click here.:

TL said...

I found a penny in a quarter roll, which is odd. I also got a franc last night, I guess someone thought it was a dime.

Man said...

I found a penny in a quarter roll, which is odd.
--The grocery stores around here would always weigh coin rolls for that reason people trying to cheat by dropping a penny or two in the middle.

I also got a franc last night, I guess someone thought it was a dime.
--French? What year?

Dr. Math said...

A few days ago when I went to Publix I saw an ad for a Santa Dollar. It had a portrait of Santa instead of George Washington but everything else was normal. The ad said it is legal tender and and is being sold for $2.50. Do you know anything about this?

Man said...

saw an ad for a Santa Dollar. It had a portrait of Santa instead of George Washington but everything else was normal. The ad said it is legal tender and and is being sold for $2.50

It's legal as long as it is a removable sticker.
As for collectors this is considered a no extra value novelty.

Anonymous said...

How come I never see any "P" pennies, they all have either no mintmark or only a "D"?

Man said...

How come I never see any "P" pennies, they all have either no mintmark or only a "D"?

Tradition pre-1980 the mint never put P on any coin other than special issues.

After 1980 by law they had to the P to all coins except for pennies because the cost and trouble of adding it was not worth it.

Anonymous said...

What is the value of 1977 of 10France brown coin

Man said...

1977 of 10France brown coin

About $1.50