Sunday, August 05, 2012

2007 Venezuela 5 Centimos

Have a coin from Venezuela and want to know its value? Leave a comment

Friday I go in to my local store and the cashier asks if I want to trade a nickel for a Venezuelan nickel. Apparently a customer did not have exact change and gave the cashier this coin. I was using a debit card but since I always carry extra change I gladly trading it. Being friendly does work.

REPÚBLICA BOLIVARIANA DE VENEZUELA · 2007 ·
5 CÉNTIMOS
There is a small group of people around me who know I collect and often leave change aside for me to trade/buy. I make the same deal with all of them that if it is worth anything above ten dollars that I would split the value with them. It does not matter if I keep it I would still honor this agreement since it only seems fair. Unfortunately I have yet to be given a coin above a few dollars and most are less than the value the cashier thought they were getting.

This is my first Venezuela find in a decade and the first since their latest reformation. These are known as Bolívar fuertes or "strong dollars" in that country. Having to assure your own country that this is strong money is never a good sign. 

Here's the stats...
Type/Country: 5 Centimos / Venezuela
Year: 2007
Mintage: Unknown
Metal: Copper Plated Steel
Value: $0.25 in XF

Do you have a Venezuelan coin and want to know its value? Leave a comment/question and I will do my best to find out the price and history for you.

3 dollars worth, for Comments/Questions click here.:

Unknown said...

i have one of these and am in the usa was wondering what it is worth in he usa

Unknown said...

the big one in the picture it has the number 5 on it and i have researched it and found it is venezuela 200 5 centimos

Man said...

i have one of these and am in the usa was wondering what it is worth in he usa...the big one in the picture it has the number 5 on it and i have researched it and found it is venezuela 200 5 centimos

Ok, in Extra-Fine about $0.25.