Friday, March 28, 2014

2005 Australia 10 Cents

Got this as a quarter in my change it has happened before with Australian dimes since they have the same specifications as U.S. quarters. In most countries coins tend to have the same metal composition and size with the U.S. and a few smaller countries who do not follow the standards.

Even the designs are similar a leader on the front and a bird on the back with the denomination. Sure we have an eagle while Australia has a lyrebird but they both probably taste like chicken.

I am also noting that it has been two years since finding my last Australian coin in my change. I have been saying that a lot. Apparently 2012 was a great year for finding coins while 2013 was pretty weak. Trust me 2014 has been beyond great for finding coins, not so much for currency. I can only guess the economy is better globally and that travel is become more common.

Here are the stats for this coin...
Type / Country: 10 Cents / Australia
Year: 2005
Mintage: 116,700,000
Metal: Copper-nickel
Value: $0.25 in VF
 
Do you have an Australian coin and want to know its value? Leave a comment/question and I will do my best to find out the price and history for you.

2 dollars worth, for Comments/Questions click here.:

Unknown said...

Yes I have a Elizabeth|| Australia cion from 2010 I will love to know how much is it worth..

Man said...

Elizabeth|| Australia cion from 2010

Most are just face value but depends on denomination.