Monday, March 31, 2014

1992 Poland 5 Groszy

First Polish change find in almost a decade. I often confuse it with a Russian coin because of the stylized eagle. It also has RZECZPOSPOLITA POLSKA which is Republic of Poland and there is a small MW mint mark from the Warsaw mint under the bird's right foot.

The other side has 5 Groszy which is the denomination and 5 oak leaves. If this was a 2 Groszy it would have 2 oak leaves. The number of oak leaves are the same as the denomination for all modern Polish coins from 1-10 groszy.

Until Poland gets the Euro in 2019, if all goes well, I do not think I will get another coin from Poland anytime soon but at least it keeps me searching. When Polish euros are made they will circulate as easy as other euros.

Here's the stats...
Type/Country: 5 Groszy / Poland
Year: 1992
Mintage: 103,784,000
Metal: Brass
Value: $0.05 in VF

Do you have a coin from Poland and want to know its value? Leave a comment/question and I will do my best to find out the price and history for you.

2 dollars worth, for Comments/Questions click here.:

Anonymous said...

Nice! Being Polish, it is always nice to see Polish coins featured. I got the 2 zlote bimetal once in the US as a nickel, don't know how that happened.

Man said...

Nice! Being Polish, it is always nice to see Polish coins featured. I got the 2 zlote bimetal once in the US as a nickel, don't know how that happened.

Thanks, that is a cool and odd coin to find. Bimetallic coins are always difficult to find for free.