Monday, March 24, 2014

1952-2002 Canada Cent

Almost two years since I found a 1952-2002 cent but that was the magnetic version with a P mint mark. This one is the more common non-magnetic version without any mint mark.


For a number of years Canada has been circulating cent coins made of two different metals. They have the zinc version like the U.S. but also make a cheaper steel core version. By making both they adjusted for rising metal costs while still keeping with tradition. Granted they stopped issuing cents altogether so they are saving the most in that way.


Here's the stats...
Type/Country: 1 Cent / Canada
Year: 2002
Mintage: 716,367,000
Metal: 98.4% Zinc, 1.6% Copper
Value: $0.01 in F

Do you have a cent from Canada and want to know its value? Leave a comment/question and I will do my best to find out the price and history for you.

5 dollars worth, for Comments/Questions click here.:

Unknown said...

hi. I have about $30.00 worth of Canadian Pennies I am going to go through in the process of refinishing a table top (then expoxy the top). Is there any Canadian penny I should be looking out for so that I don't bury a treasure? thanks. myfacegame@gmail.com

Man said...

$30.00 worth of Canadian Pennies I am going to go through in the process of refinishing a table top (then expoxy the top). Is there any Canadian penny I should be looking out for so that I don't bury a treasure?

2003WP
1985 Pointed Five
1965 Large Beads, Pointed Five
1955 No Shoulder Fold
1949 A points to large Denticle
1948 A points to small Denticle

Double check here...
http://www.coinsandcanada.com/coins-prices.php

Just Wondering said...

Just found a 1952-2002 penny in my drawer. Thought at first it didn't have a date at all but found it on the back. Would it be worth anything?

Man said...

1952-2002 penny just $0.01

Adam The Metal Detector said...

I found the 1952-2002 Canadian Penny is 19 Years Old (Rusty Coin)