Monday, October 21, 2013

1935-H $1 Silver Certificate

Yes I found this in my change years ago and it was as ugly and stained as it is today. It has some staple holes and when I first got it smelled of smoke and beer. I think it was once on the wall of a bar but there is little chance of proving that theory.



One thing I like about these older notes are the plate numbers. Back then they ran into the thousands since they started with 1 and kept going until 9999. At least that is my best guess since they did not start over when a new series was approved.

This note just turned 50 years old and while it has been out of circulation for the last 10 years it still held up well. As long as I keep it in a cool, dry, and dark place I think it will be fine for another 50 years. Although maybe placing it in an archival safe sleeve would be better.

Here's the stats...
Type/Country: 1 Dollar / United States
Year: 1935H
Date Printed: June - October 1963
Printings: 30,520,000
Run: 20th of 55 from D80280001J - D99999999J
Value: $4.00 in Very-Fine

Do you have a note and want to know its value? Leave a comment/question and I will do my best to find out the price and history for you.

2 dollars worth, for Comments/Questions click here.:

Unknown said...

i have a Series 1935 h bLUE SEAL AND IN THE BOTTOM RIGHT CORNER IT SAYS c7949

Man said...

1935 h bLUE SEAL AND IN THE BOTTOM RIGHT CORNER IT SAYS c7949

About $4.00 depending on serial number.