Friday, June 28, 2013

2005-D Ocean In View Nickel

Have a 2005 nickel and want to know its value?

And one more nickel to almost complete the set. Eight years after the release of the Ocean in View nickels I finally found one in my change, then a few days later I found another. This randomly finding coins seems suspiciously not random.



Yes more Denver versions were made but I am an East Coaster so we do not get them immediately. Philadelphia is our mint and despite the large east coast population the west has more people. We are just more dense, in population, so we get the coins faster and they circulate quicker.

Let us hope that the 2013 Denver coins come around in a speedier fashion. It would be annoying to wait until 2021 to find one.

Here's the stats... 
Type/Country: 5 Cents / United States of America
Year: 2005-D
Mintage: 411,120,000
Metal: 75% copper 25% nickel
Value: $0.05 in Very Fine (VF-20)

Do you have a U.S.  nickel and want to know its value? Leave a comment/question and I will do my best to find out the price and history for you.

11 dollars worth, for Comments/Questions click here.:

Anonymous said...

I do not have a nickel but wanted to ask you if by chance you knew what a 1934 A $50 federal note(green seal) star note would be worth. It is circulated but in pretty good condition. Thank you in advance.

Man said...

1934 A $50 federal note(green seal) star note would be worth. It is circulated but in pretty good condition

Depends on serial number but average is about $200.00

Aussie Kid said...

(I'm the kid who had the 1928 halfpenny) I went to a coin shop the other day with money for from my birthday burning a hole in my pocket and I loved the shop so much I visited it THREE times throughout the day and bought the coins I previously mentioned and (I got VERY excited about this after it was announced) a special purple coloured 2 dollar coin celebrating the 60th anniversary of the queens coronation. More exciting than that Australia will have special coloured coins made by the Royal Australian Mint CIRCULATING so I COULD FIND AN AWESOME COLOURED COIN IN MY CHANGE! Apparently Canada was the first country to do this and Australia is the second. Also here is a link to something quite interesting I found on an australian coin collecting blog that takes you to the NGC website:http:
//www.ngccoin.com/news/viewarticle.aspx?IDArticle=3185

Man said...

...a special purple coloured 2 dollar coin...
--Yes hopefully you get on quick because like the Canadian colored coins they tend to flake and fall apart after a few years in circulation.

something quite interesting I found on an australian coin collecting blog
--Very cool error, that is why I always double check my coins.

Aussie K id said...

Yea I bought one in a set so I don't have to worry about being sad the circulated one I found was nsaty looking.

Aussie Kid said...

2 australian paper one dollar notes
Serials are:
DHH 009359 Year: (Unsure but the two signatures are Johnston and Stone so I think it's maybe 1982 but would like clarification) Also is it any rarer because the serial number looks quite low. (9359 of a possible 10000+)

Aussie Kid said...

oops sorry only listed one not two

Man said...

australian paper one dollar notes
Serials are:
DHH 009359 Year: (Unsure but the two signatures are Johnston and Stone so I think it's maybe 1982 but would like clarification) Also is it any rarer because the serial number looks quite low. (9359 of a possible 10000+)


It's 1983 and they are common so about $1.50 each. The numbers are not really that low, should be 1000 or less.

Anonymous said...

got it and congrats in advance for july 12th for your 8 YEAR BLOGIVERSARRY!

Man said...

got it and congrats in advance for july 12th for your 8 YEAR BLOGIVERSARRY!

Thanks.

Unknown said...

I found 3 nickels from 2005 with the boffulo in the back are they any value