Wednesday, February 08, 2017

1990 Japan 10 Yen

This is a very dark coin that I got as a penny. On closer look it was actually a 10 yen coin from Japan. Not rare but seldom seen in my change I believe because the distance from here to Japan makes travel something only the wealthier population enjoys.

Reverse of 1990 Japan 10 Yen, date, wreath
Obverse of 1990 Japan 10 Yen, Phoenix Hall, Hōōdō Temple
The design of this coin has gone unchanged since 1951. The biggest change from previous issues is the date. This one is Year 2 which is a Heisei era coin under the emperor Akihito. The previous was Emperor Hirohito whose coinage bears the Shōwa era symbols. Upon the emperor's death it will change again starting from year 1 and counting up until death.

Here are the stats...
Type/Country: 10 Yen / Japan
Year: 1990 (Year 2)
Mintage: 754,753,000
Metal: Bronze
Value: $0.15 in Extra-Fine

Exchange rate is also about $0.09.

Do you have a coin from Japan and want to know its value? Leave a comment/question and I will do my best to find out the price and history for you.

9 dollars worth, for Comments/Questions click here.:

Anonymous said...

I have a 500 yen Heisei gannen (means 1st year of new emperor) which is larger than other 500 yen coins and has the royal coach on it. I was in Japan at that time. I saved this coin thinking it might be valuable. I also have some Susan B. Anthony dollars (5). I have two heisei 500 yen coins and lots of 10, 100, 50 and 1 yen coins. aad86640ken@yahoo.com

Unknown said...

How much this coin . .from Philippine money?

Unknown said...

How much this coin? For interristed please call me.+639107017537

mazhar said...

You land on the premier website. Yes, you can buy Top up phone with bitcoin easily use cryptocurrency to recharge mobile credits any where in the world.

Ronnel said...

I have 4 pieces

dinhdiepphuongtrinh said...

Thanks for sharing, nice post! Post really provice useful information!

Hương Lâm chuyên cung cấp máy photocopy, chúng tôi cung cấp máy photocopy ricoh, toshiba, canon, sharp, đặc biệt chúng tôi có cung cấp máy photocopy màu uy tín, giá rẻ nhất.

kathy said...

thanks for sharing

Chris said...

I have two counterfeit 1990 loonies. They are in excellent shape and I would like to know the value of them?

Matthew Marsh said...

Forex Signals Provider 2022: Hot Forex Signal is the top and best professional forex signals service provider in 2022. If you lose your money via trade we will give 100 percent money back return.