Wednesday, June 12, 2013

1995 Canada Dime

Have a 1995 Canadian dime and want to know its value?

Almost half way through the year and not any major find to brag about. Sure a few Canadian coins, mostly repeats but the foreign coins have stayed away. This Canadian dime is common and I already have a few but at least it is something.


Nearly the exact same dimensions of a U.S. dime it also has nearly the same value. Although metal content is different as these are 100% nickel while U.S. dimes of the same time are 8.33% nickel.

Does that mean a 1995 Canadian dime is worth more? Yes.
Rounding up to the nearest whole cent the metal values are as follow:
  • 1995 U.S. Dime about $0.02
  • 1995 Canadian Dime about $0.03
Face value will beat them both which is why coins higher than a cent or nickel will continue to make the most profit for governments.


Here's the stats...
Type/Country: 10 Cents / Canada
Year: 1995
Mintage: 123,875,000
Metal: 100% nickel
Value: $0.10 in Extra-Fine

Do you have ten cents from Canada and want to know their value? Leave a comment/question an I will do my best to find out the price and history for you.

4 dollars worth, for Comments/Questions click here.:

lewis schiebel said...

I found a 1995 Canadian dime, but I have reason to believe it's fake. It is not magnetic and it is miss stamped. The edge is not even. I was wondering if or what it's value would be.

Man said...

1995 Canadian dime, but I have reason to believe it's fake. It is not magnetic and it is miss stamped. The edge is not even.

Could be an off-metal error, but it needs to be seen in hand by an expert.

lewis schiebel said...

Is there any websites I could contact about it, with experts or to find people in my area?

Man said...

Is there any websites I could contact about it, with experts or to find people in my area?

Try looking for local dealers...
http://www.pcgs.com/dealers/