Wednesday, May 02, 2012

1971 Canada Cent

Do you have Canadian cent and want to know its value? Comment

Make that 431 Canadian cent finds. This was an odd May Day. I find another Canadian coin and realized four full months have passed without a true foreign find. Last time I found a non-North American coin was mid-December of last year. At least I have my vault finds if not this blog would be full of common cents.


So this soon to be discontinued coin is still circulating well. So let me help everyone with plans for their unplanned collections.
  1. Use them on weekend trip to Canada over the next few years because they will still be valid and accepted.
  2. If you are outside of Canada you can melt the older ones to make copper bars, legally.
  3. Wait a decade or more and try to sell them on future-eBay with the false title of "Rare and Ancient".
  4. Collect them as a hobby and just appreciate them as coins.
Here's the stats...
Type/Country: 1 Cent / Canada
Year: 1971
Mintage: 298,228,936
Metal: 98% Copper, 0.5% Tin, 1.5% Zinc
Value: $0.03 in Very-Fine

Do you have a cent from Canada and want to know its value? Leave a comment/question and I will do my best to find out the price and history for you

8 dollars worth, for Comments/Questions click here.:

Anonymous said...

I have a 1883 Canadian penny in good condition - any value?

Man said...

1883 Canadian penny in good condition

No such thing, recheck the date or country.

Anonymous said...

Panama is actually in North America, not South.

Man said...

Panama is actually in North America, not South.

Well Central America, since I am talking about coin regions not continents.

In coin terms North American coins are as follows:
Canada
America
Mexico

But yes I am aware of the countries that North America has, geographically speaking.

dale stuart sproat said...

Hi my names dale I have two 1971 1 cent from Canada and they have been in bedin in wood why is this and what will my value be call me on 07949481291 or email at kkingsproaty@yahoo.com

Man said...

two 1971 1 cent from Canada and they have been in bedin in wood why is this and what will my value

Someone just did it for fun, no extra value.

DeShawn Boies said...

One 1968 1 cent coin?

Man said...

One 1968 1 cent coin? about $0.03